Driven by a shared commitment to truth and justice, Atlantic Black Box members are scholars, independent researchers, educators, museum specialists, genealogists, historical interpreters, racial justice activists, archivists, artists, students, librarians, descendants, community leaders, cultural institutions, and others. We are committed to reexamining New England’s past through the lens of racial history and to reshaping public education programs with an inclusive approach.
Your membership grants you access to a wide and growing coalition of dedicated allies willing to share resources, experiences, knowledge, and skills that will support you along your own unique journey of historical recovery. By joining ABB, you become part of a critical effort to collectively rewrite the story of New England and to redress historical wrongs.
- Regular opportunities to connect meaningfully with peers and leaders engaged in the work of historical recovery
- Members-only access to a monthly Research Forum
- Special pricing on other workshops, training, and events
- Subscription to Ship News, ABB’s digital publication
- Free placement on ABB’s website for your events, news, and opportunities
- Discounts on ABB merchandise
- Enabling ABB’s mission and operations to sustain and grow through a member-centric, nonprofit model
Choose your membership level below.